Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Another Year Gone...

Well, another school year is officially almost over. Soon it will be the end and half of these people I will probably never see again. But I shouldn't think of it as the end, though departing from one another is sad and creates tears in my eyes, I amaze at how much I have become closer to God over this past year. I will sherish the memories I have been a part of for as long as I live, and I will not look back on it with regret, but with joy. I was rejoice for those who met God this past year, I will rejoice for those who grew in relationship with him and I will be glad and cherish the forever friends I have made here. The end of this year of Bible college is a beginnin of our life ahead of us, a beginning of living for God in a secular world that doesn't know him. I look back on this past year and I admire those who have grown in love this year. I thank God that this is a year at FGBC that will not be quickly forgotten, but the fond memories will remain in my heart for life. This chapter of my life is not yet closed however. Comeing back next year will be meaning, new friends, old friends and a continuing relationship with my heavenly Father. But when my time at FGBC is over, when this chapter of my life is over, I know their will be tears. How could there not be? But again there will be rejoicing as I know that no matter how far we get from each other, that we are brothers and sisters and we will see each other again. We will all spend everlasting time with each other and Jesus in heaven. There will be rejoicing that no matter what I do wrong, how far I get from God, He is always there, with his arms wide open, waiting for me to enter into his loving embrace once again. I will beleve that till the end of time, for I know that it is true. My relationship with God has grown greatly in the ast year, however it is far from perfect. It will never be perfect, but I don't care. All I want is to know my heavenly Father more and more. He gives me my hope and my motivation. He is always there to give me a hug whenever I need it. I could never have done it without him. Jesus saved my life, he gave me a reason to live and far beyond that he gave me himself. He DIED for me. The least I can do is give him my life. And I give him that, my life is devoted to him. There is no looking back, I have stepped over the line, I won't let up, give up, back up or shut up. My focus is clear, my path straight, my God reliable, I'm a disciple of Christ. (8) I'm giving you my heart and all that is within, I lay it all down for the sake of you my king. Im giving you my dreams, I'm laying down my rights, I'm giving up my pride for the promise of new life. And I surrender all to you, all to you. And I surrender all to you, all to you. (8)
This place over the past 8 months has become home to me, and now that I am leaving, it is still home to me for the next year but after that it will be little more then a happy memory and a place you visit from time to time. It is home for a couple of years and then its not, and again it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. However, I will love this place and always remember the friendships that were formed here and memories we have shared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home