Friday, June 02, 2006

My poems

Poem #1 - The poem I wrote for Old Testament class - no title

I give praise to you my sovereign Father
For all your mercies I thank you
For when I was a lost sheep in the midst of wolves you kept me safe
Though my enemies surrounded me, you delivered me from their hands
When everyone deserted me, you did not leave
You had faith in me even when no one else did
When I was thirsty, you gave me water
You provided all my needs
Though walls were falling around me, your peace protected me
You covered me even when my would was destroyed
Thought lost and alone, you found me
You lighted my path in the midst of darkness
When I was scared to speak, you gave me strength
You spoke through me, your Holy Spirit within me
My heart is joyful when you are pleased with me
When you are happy, I am as well
Through all my tough times, you walk with me
You are with me even in the valley of death
In all my troubles I worship you
I give all my worries to your care
When everything is lost
I put my trust in you
When my family deserts me, and leaves me alone,
You are stil faithfully by my side.
Savior of my heart, I surrender to you
I give you my life a sacrifice.
Though my burdens I cannot bear alone
With you all trials I can overcome.
I give you my praise, most Holy Father
In all my blessings I will glorify you.
Poem # 2 - Sun and Moon
Seeing the sun
Rise above the shadows
I blink
Watching it rise
Slowly on the horizon
Slowly
It's brightness quietly
Carefully
Persuading
The darkness
And the moon and the stars
To leave
Slowly at first the darkness leaves
Then quickly
Disappearing like a shadow
On a rainy day
Running away as a mouse
Being chased by a cat
And then suddenly
Before you know it
It's gone
Leaving behind the warmth
Brighness
Gentleness of the sun
Enjoying it
Buyt missing the darkness
With the stars and moon
Knowing,
The darkness will return
I sigh and lay down
To stare at the pure white clouds
But soon in the soft sun
I am asleep.
One more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home